The Centre for Medieval Studies endorses and is fully committed to furthering the University of Toronto’s policies regarding equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and providing access to all our students, staff, and faculty. From January 2023, the Director will appoint a CMS faculty member as Equity, Diversity, Inclusiveness, and Accessibility Officer, and students are encouraged to bring their concerns in this respect to the EDIA Officer, whose responsibilities are to provide confidential guidance and support with regard to steps that may be taken for redress of inequities of any kind. All students who may require any form of accommodations are urged to register immediately with Accessibility Services, who will be able to provide information, help students access available resources, and make formal requests for accommodations to CMS.
The Final Report of the 2022 Review of the Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment and the Administrative Response from the President, Vice-President & Provost, and Vice-President, People Strategy, Equity & Culture are now available.
Relevant policies and resources can be found at the following sites:
- The University of Toronto’s policy on Equity, Diversity and Excellence
- EDI at U of T
- U of T’s Accessibility Services department
- U of T’s policy with respect to workplace harassment
- U of T’s policy on sexual violence and sexual harassment
- The U of T Sexual Violence Prevention Centre
- U of T’s Anti-Racism and Cultural Diversity Office